Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Yank

No, I'm not a "Yank" because I've been in New Jersey for 6 years, 4 months, and 3 days. And I'm definitely not a Yankee fan (think "baseball") even though I do love their new catcher, Pudge Rodriguez.

The title, "Yank," is because yesterday I had a back molar yanked out of my mouth and today I'm surviving nicely. It was one that was giving me some pain from time to time and one that we had already decided to remove so when I went yesterday to make sure I didn't have an infection my darling dentist (yes, darling was right) said, "We were going to pull it anyway. Do you want to do it today?" I thought about it for a moment and then said, "Let me go to the bathroom first."

Dr. Jonathan is a hoot. He's six months older than my son and is already very experienced in dentistry. It's a "spa," not an "office" and it smells lovely. No dental smells at all. The lobby has free coffee, juice, and bottled water, not to mention packages of cracker and cookies if you're going to be waiting for awhile. He wears a yamulke (how is that spelled?) and has a picture of his son on the monitors which are next to the chairs. You can also watch a soap opera or a talk show on that monitor. Quite cool, in theory.

I'm at work today. Taking everyone's comfort and sympathy but in reality I feel pretty damn good. Time for an Advil. . .

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

EEEK - good thing Dr. Jonathan is CUTE!

J