This afternoon a friend of mine from work, Nina, and I took off together and went shopping. She and I have a lot of similar likes. Silver jewelry, nice clothes, books. I had found a wonderful jewelry shop that specializes in southwestern jewelry that I wanted to take her to so we decided to do it. First we went to the mall and had lunch at Legal Seafood, a Boston restaurant which is excellent. She'd never been there and she loved it even though we both had salads (Caesar for her and Cobb for me). Then we went to Coldwater Creek and looked at the jewelry and both found something on sale (a necklace for her - $7.99; a bracelet for me - $11.99). We looked around there some more and I found a perfect top for her that she fell in love with. She's small and it was so much fun "dressing" her. So she bought that too. We went to C.O. Bigelow's where she'd never been and she had fun looking at all the things there - make-up, hair stuff, lotions, soaps, etc. I had fun too. She bought some new lipstick. I got a couple tank tops on sale at Lane Bryant (where big women shop) and then we went to Borders. Neither of us bought any books today but we had a nice time looking around.
After that we headed out to the jewelry store which was not in the mall. It's called The Gem and I (cute, huh?). She fell in love with everything. This is not a cheap store but it's not overly priced either. She found a ring that looked beautiful on her hand. Silver with a sleeping beauty turquoise in it. I found a ring I liked too - one I'd been looking for for some time. Hard to describe but Russell said it was definitely me.
Why have I described this is such detail? Because I enjoyed myself. Nina and I have a nice balance and when I spend time with her (we went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art together a few weeks ago) it feels normal. I guess I miss having friends to do things with. Having a husband is great, but he's not a woman so it's different when we shop for clothes. You know?
Nina and I are already planning our next trip to a town in Pennsylvania.
:o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I loved your description of your day with Nina and I wanted to be there too!!!!
And you hjit the nail on the head when you say that you need friends (gal pals) with whom to do these things.
Post a Comment