Thursday, August 14, 2008

Pay Day

I love pay days. Even though I know the money is coming in (and going out), I love seeing that amount added to my checking account (direct deposit, you know) and writing it into my register and adding it to my previous balance. It's rather comforting.

When I get paid I think about what I can buy or do. I think about how much I can save for our trips that are coming up the end of August and another the end of September. It's a nice feeling to know I don't have to use all of the money to pay bills. Most of it, but not all of it like I did when I was younger.

Money is a good feeling if you have enough. It's a bad feeling if you need more and can't do or get what you want. I know there are ways we could spend less. We could eat out less often. I could buy fewer books and get them at the library instead. Maybe, in time, I will do that. But for now, I'm going to relax and enjoy a little extra and save a little extra too.

And the beat goes on. . .

No comments: