Friday, August 8, 2008

Typical Friday

Having Fridays off during the summer has its pros and cons. The major con is that we have to make up some of the hours - 45 hours altogether. I usually start making up time during the summer but this year the college assigned me to a different department to make up my hours and she hasn't given us anything to do yet. I am allowed to use some vacation time to make up hours but I don't like doing that. If they MAKE us take Fridays off, reduce our lunch hours to 30 minutes for over 4 months, and then still require that we make up time, there's just something wrong with that equation.

The pro is that I have Fridays off. Russell has taken a few off so that's nice, giving us an extra day together. But today he worked so I did my Friday routine - pedicure and library followed by eating things that are bad for me. Pedicures are something new for me. I had two done shortly after I moved here about six years ago and then didn't have another one until April so I could get ready for Patrick's wedding - or get my feet ready. So I've continued getting pedicures and I enjoy them. Today I got a nice colour and like looking at my toes. They massage my feet so nicely which is a little luxury in my world.

After stopping at the library and getting two books I chose not to buy over the past few months, I came home and played around on the computer and then ate chocolate. Then, in the afternoon, I slept. It felt good. I'd wake up for a little bit and then fall asleep again. And I read a book I bought last week.

So I am rested and have beautiful feet. A typical Friday. :o)

No comments: