Friday, October 10, 2008

Friday

Russell and I have a 3 day week-end ahead of us which gives both of us joy and relaxation. Monday is a holiday where he works. Not for me, but I took it off anyway, as I always do.

I had a nice birthday this week. Very relaxed and enjoyable. A couple minor disappointments but nothing that really matters. As years go by we have to adjust to that which is missing. We went out to eat and I chose where to go because it was next to a Borders. So after we ate we went there, of course, and I had a gift card from Chatty so I was able to get two CDs by EmmyLou Harris. But the funny thing is that I was looking at new books and found the new Ron Rash that I'd wanted. So I checked on my Kindle while in Borders and found out it was available and downloaded it right there in Borders. I love my Kindle. It's so amazing. It's not going to take the place of every book in the world, but that's okay.

Anxiety has taken a back seat. Maybe the medication is helping more and maybe my effort to walk more has added a positive side to it. I don't know. I know I am doing my best not to concentrate on how much I wish I weren't in NJ. I hope that continues to work until I can get the hell out of Dodge, as they say. :o)

And so my life is boring again (thank you, God) and I feel like me.

1 comment:

JoAnn said...

DAMN, I did not know it was your birthday! Happy belated one. Sorry. Glad you are doing better

J