It's Thursday - a good day because if you work you only have one more work day in the week before your week-end. I've worked since 1973 and all of my jobs were full-time, Monday through Friday. Sometimes I had to work a couple evenings a week, even after my son was born. I'd go in from 1 pm until 9 pm at the prison, supervising the evening education programs when I was the education counselor there. I liked it because my son wasn't born yet and my husband was a police officer and worked shifts so that gave us some flexibility. But I would hate it now and when I do have to work evenings now and then, I sort of resent it but then, when I do it, I don't mind.
Time is so different to me now that I'm older. It seems to rush by me sometimes and crawl like a lost turtle at other times. And I often think that I've spent the last twelve or thirteen years waiting for something to pass me by so I could get to where I wanted to be. And I'm still doing that. I need to live for the moment and sometimes that's just too much like work. But I still try even though I believe trying is just an excuse for not doing something. "Oh, I triiiiied," I can hear people whine. I don't do that. You either do it or you don't. That's what I used to tell the inmates who weren't doing well in school. Like the Nike ad: Just DO It! But that's not always possible right away, I guess.
Still, I will try. Maybe right now that's all I can do.
A three day week-end coming up. Hip Hip Hurray! :o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment