When I was having one of my brain fades today I was writing in my journal and I wrote the words, "Hampstead Owner's Field." I have no idea what that means. Does it remind you of anything?
Does anyone every have thoughts of places they've been, roads they've driven on, towns they've lived in just out of thin air? Sometimes I have a thought about something in Palm Beach or St. Petersburg. Sometimes South Bend or Belle Glade. Sometimes I'm at the mall in my thoughts or driving to a motorcycle shop or at the library or, well, just about any where but it's always some place ordinary. Even my shrink thought it was weird.
When I lived in Florida, in Vero Beach specifically, this is about the time I would go to Dodgertown and buy tickets for spring training games. I'd talk to some of my teachers and find out who wanted to go with me - Jimmy and Rick and Hotch, sometimes Alyson. And I'd go at lunch and get the tickets. It was fun. I miss those games and now the Dodgers are leaving Vero after this year so even if I were there, it'd be over.
I'm so ready for something new that isn't an Italian restaurant. I'm so ready for something different that isn't New Jersey. I'm so ready to put the past behind me and leaving it in New Jersey. I'm so ready. . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment