Doing research today regarding anxiety and found the term "derealization." I couldn't find much about it but it kind of describes the experience I have when my mind takes a side street, leaving reality behind for anywhere from 20 seconds to 2 minutes, I think. I don't know. I don't time them. Maybe I'll try to do that, but it's not a dramatic change. It comes slowly.
I will be working on something, taking a shower, reading, talking to someone, and my mind starts to take a side street. Sometimes my ears ring and sometimes they don't. Sometimes it's like a fast forward tape, one that I can't reverse. Derealization. I leave reality and go on to a fantasy. I wish I could stop those. There are times when days go by and I don't have one. And then I'll have two or three in the same day.
I do believe this is all anxiety-related. Now, if I could just deal with the anxiety and go back to the way I was. The Way We Were. Sigh. Whatever. It is what it is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment