Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Weather

Yesterday I called my son in Atlanta and asked him what the temperature was down there. It was 55 degrees. It was 70 degrees here in New Jersey. A bit wet and very cloudy and overcast but warm. I think I've gotten used to the feeling of in between temperatures (50-70 degrees). When I lived in Florida and it was 50 degrees we were freezing. Here, when it's 50 degrees I might wear a light jacket. Or not.

Today the high here didn't even get into the 50s - or just briefly. The westerly wind whipped through all day long, making it feel even colder. I wore a light jacket and a scarf over a regular shirt. Am I crazy?

I'm 99% sure I'm going to join the YMCA in a local town. They have two pools, a fitness center which is full of great equipment, and a friendly staff. I wish it were nearer but I know I need this and the pools are calling my name. I'll keep you posted.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

am looking forward to pool reports from the Y -- of course you know I'm all for it
:)
C.

Lydia said...

As soon as I join, you'll get them. I'm excited, believe it or not. :o)