Sunday, April 6, 2008

I am a Simple Woman


I've decided a simple life is the best kind of life to have. Stacy's description of deer and the singing of birds in the morning while she's feeding the newest love of her life is a perfect example of this. I want things to be simple. Not necessarily "easy" but enjoyable and relaxing.

Can you tell this medicine I'm on is working well? It is. I'm not having the brain farts (did I tell you I went to the neurologist?) and am functioning the way I was in the past. I'm living my life the way I find it to be comfortable and fulfilling. Little things do that for me - wearing blue jeans to work when I feel like it, having a cookie when I want a cookie, snuggling my husband, buying a book, planning our trip to Georgia. . .

I think we should all do everything we can to simplify our lives so when those things do occur (broken bridges, cars, floods, illnesses) we can cope with them without having the rest of our life interferring with a solution until we get back to whatever feels normal for us.

And life goes on. . .

No comments: